Wednesday, July 13, 2016

With over 50 reviews,What R readers saying about Larry Peterson's YAHistorical novel "The Priest and the Peaches"?

Larry Peterson's "The Priest and the Peaches" has received over 50 reviews. To date 41% have been 5 Star reviews and 47% 4 Star reviews on Amazon.

Below you will find a number of the reviews, the story synopsis, a brief author bio, and the Amazon link for the ebook,it is a Kindle Unlimited Deal, and the paperback.

Who knows maybe if you haven't read the story and you give it a try we will be highlighting your view soon. Thank you in advance!

"This story was just so refreshing and wonderful! I really liked it! Actually, I think it would make a great Hallmark movie and would be good reading for young-adult readers, though it is a great story and an uplifting story for adults too. It's good for this generation to see how hard some people had it, and its good for all of us to remember to count our blessings. Once I got into the story, I couldn't put it down--I had to know what happened to these poor kids whose lives were turned so upside-down. Life is hard. More than hard--sometimes it's devastating, but this story shows how trusting in God and doing the right thing are not just cliché phrases, but real forces of good that push back the evil and the pain in this world. It made me long for the days.... Anyway, especially since this is based on a true story, it should uplift and boost the faith of those who read it. It made me cry a little and also smile. It warmed my heart and gave me a boost of hope I needed for the day. May God bless that priest and those Peaches." - Elizabeth Schmeidler -Verified Purchase

"Here is an alert to this book. Make sure you have a box of tissue ready. You will either laugh until you cry and you will cry at the sad moments. This book is that good. It is amazing to me how together these five orphans were. There was never any doubt in their minds that they all wanted to be together. The older two children who are in their late teens could have easily said nope I do not want the responsibilty of caring for my younger siblings. They stepped up to the plate and decided that they did. To me that in itself speaks volumes. Teenagers are normally in their own little world not looking out for anyone but number one. ( Believe me I know I have 2 of my own.) The Peach family is a family that you will fall in love with. I found this book to be highly entertaining. I loved how be kind to others is a main theme of this book. How one good deed can turn into many more." - adventures of frugal mom

"This book is more than a story to be read... it holds lessons on life, love and happiness that we could all stand to revisit. What I found amazing as I read the story, only covers one week in the life of the Peach children. That one week, seven measly days, just so happened to be kicked off with the untimely death of a father they came to realize they barely knew.

I like to consider myself a good Christian, but books like The Priest and the Peaches that have significant religious themes often make me uncomfortable. To be honest, I briefly thought of declining the request for a review. While the religious aspects of the story did have me squirming in my seat and uncomfortable, I am very glad I read this book. I not only learned about the emotional roller coaster the Peach children road the seven days just after their father passed, I learned a lot about myself.

I learned I need to take a deep breath and try to not let my pride get in the way, I learned that everything and I mean everything happens for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I sort of knew these things about myself already but something about the Peach children and the other characters that populate their world has moved me in such a way that I can't exactly explain.

I challenge you to read this book, I challenge you to not learn that something that will at least have you thinking for a second longer in the future. I dare you to look inside yourself and really think about whether you might misjudge a character in your life like Peach children were misjudged (and the people the Peach children misjudged). I challenge you to do more than acknowledge your neighbor, I challenge you to L-Y-N. Want to know exactly what I am talking about? Read the book."
- Marie K.

"This story had me hooked from the beginning. The writing style drew me in and I felt like I was there with the characters as they suffered tremendous loss and adversity. After losing their mother, then their grandmother, the five Peach children then lose their father, seemingly overnight. Never overcoming the grief of losing his wife, their father wasn't around much and could barely provide for their basic needs. What would happen to the children now?

The cast of characters in this book were rich, diverse, and a real treasure. From the parish priest who offers the kids guidance without sounding overly "preachy," to the nosy neighbor downstairs to the community members rallying and surrounding the kids, I was caught up in the seven day span the book covers. I laughed, I cried, and I wanted to know more when the last page was finished. It's just one of those stories where the characters enter your heart and will never leave.

As a side note, the tone of this story had a nice balance of religious references and overtones without being condescending in anyway and was a pleasant surprise. I do not feel it would be offensive to anyone and I would definitely recommend it."
- Review by Valerie

"Peterson has created a captivating novel that stars a large cast of unique characters who keep you enticed and make you not want to set your e-reader down even though it may be well past your bedtime! Your heart will be touched as you journey with the children. A few well placed unexpected twists add to the story, surprising the reader. A great read!" - polockjohn

Based on a true story: Take a seven day journey with the five, newly orphaned Peach kids, as they begin their struggle to remain a family while planning their dad's funeral. They find an ally in the local parish priest, Father Tim Sullivan, who tries his best to guide them through the strange, unchartered and turbulent waters of "grown-up world." A story that is sad, funny, and inspiring as it shows how the power of family love and faith can overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

The Amazon link for the Kindle Unlimited Deal ebook and paperback is: https://www.amazon.com/Priest-Peaches-Larry-Peterson-ebook/dp/B01FKC7X2K/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1468450897&sr=8-1

Larry is a Catholic/Christian blogger and posts commentary weekly. His work has appeared in such publications as Zenit from Rome, Aleteia, New Evangelists, Top Catholic Blogs, Big Pulpit, Catholic365.com and others.

His first children's picture book, "Slippery Willie's Stupid, Ugly Shoes" was published in 2011. In 2012, his full length novel, "The Priest and the Peaches" was released. This is based on true story about five orphaned kids staying together as a family in the NYC of the 1960s.

His latest novel, "The Demons of Abadon", is a journey into the paranormal where Good is attacked by Evil culminating in an all out battle during "The Great Festival of Torment". This novel became available April 12 of 2016.

Larry belongs to the Catholic Writer’s Guild, The Catholic Writer’s Society, The Knights of Columbus, and the St. Vincent de Paul Society. He has been an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion for over twenty years bringing communion to the homebound and hospitalized.

He lives in Pinellas Park, Florida and his kids and six grandchildren all live within three miles of each other. His first wife died of cancer in 2003. He remarried four years later and is now the primary caregiver for his wife, Martha, who has Non-Hodgins Lymphoma since 2011 and came down with Alzheimer's Disease in 2012.

The writer says, "God has me where he needs me and I try my best to make Him proud."

Visit Larry’s blog: http://www.slipperywillie.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment